Husky Dog Sledding North Iceland
Let's connect with our beautiful huskies and enjoy an unique experience as a musher for a dog sledding ride in Iceland
Duration:: 3 Hours
Book online and get instant reservation confirmation
Welcome to Akureyri in the North of Iceland, a true paradise for dogsledding tours and husky tours and a wonderful nature spot itself! Connect with our beautiful huskies and enjoy this unique "once in a a lifetime" experience.
Have you ever dreamed of sliding through snowy landscapes in harmony with nature and the power of huskies? This is an adventure where you control the sledge under the supervision of an experienced musher. You, as a musher, will be actively working while steering the sledge in order to support the huskies. The tour will take place in the vicinity of Akureyri.
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT WITH FOLLOWING CODE: EARLYHUSKY
- Weight limit is 95kg (210lbs) per person.
- The whole session dures 3-4 hours, but the dog sledding activity is for 1 hour.
- Kids from 4 until 6 years will be in their parents sledge.
- We are offering you a personal experience with our huskies.
- We take 2 sledges per trip, so 2 guests can be steering their own sledge at the same time.
- You are assisted by an experienced musher who is with you. The other guests meanwhile take pictures of the customers that are mushing and have either a walk to their departure point or are en route with the landrover.
- Participants must be adults (7years and older), there will be one adult per sledge, but one child until 7years can be sitting on the same sledge as their parent.
- By booking you agree that due to weather/snow conditions the tour might be rescheduled to another time during the same day or evening/night and night tours possibly to the following morning; this rescheduling is no reason for cancellation/refund. In case of very abnormal weather (warm spells and lack of snow) we reserve the right to change to dogscootering. (scooter pulled by 1 to 2 huskies) In the rare case when the tour can not take place at all due to outer circumstances we refund the full amount minus 25€ administration fee per person. Under no other circumstance refund is granted.
- Dog sledge tour on your own sledge (4 to 8 km)
- Experienced guide
- Photoshooting & time to cuddle and pet
What do I need to bring
- Warm clothing (not too warm since you are an active musher) and good shoes are required!