Dog Sledding North Iceland on Snow
Let's connect with our beautiful huskies and enjoy an unique experience as a musher for a dog sledding on snow tour in North Iceland. This will be your unique "once in a lifetime" experience in Iceland
Duration:: 3 Hours
Book online and get instant reservation confirmation
Welcome to Akureyri in the North of Iceland, a true paradise for dogsledding tours and husky tours and a wonderful nature spot itself! Connect with our beautiful huskies and enjoy this unique "once in a a lifetime" experience.
Have you ever dreamed of sliding through snowy landscapes in harmony with nature and the power of huskies? This is an adventure where you control the sledge under the supervision of an experienced musher. You, as a musher, will be actively working while steering the sledge in order to support the huskies. The tour will take place in the vicinity of Akureyri.
Our Musher will explain to you the basics in dog sledding and how to work with these amazing dogs.
Enjoy this amazing tour from November to April. All tours of the last 3 years were 100% on snow
Early Bird discount with the following promo code: HUSKY10
Weight limit is 95kg (210lbs) per person.
The whole session lasts approx.3 hours, your dog sledding activity incl. photoshooting and cuddling is up to 1 hour.
- Kids from 4 until 6 years will be in their parents sledge.
- In case of very abnormal weather (warm spells and lack of snow) we reserve the right to change to dogscootering (scooter pulled by huskies) or dogcart (cart pulled by huskies).
- We are offering you a personal experience with our huskies.
- We take 2 sledges per trip, so 2 guests can be steering their own sledge at the same time.
- You are assisted by an experienced musher who is with you. The other guests meanwhile take pictures of the customers that are mushing or are en route with the superjeep.
- Participants must be adults (7years and older), there will be one adult per sledge, but one child until 7years can be sitting on the same sledge as their parent.
- By booking you agree that due to weather/snow conditions the tour might be in very rare cases rescheduled to another time during the same day. This rescheduling is no reason for cancellation/refund.
- Dog sledge tour on your own sledge (4 to 8 km)
- Experienced guide
- Time to cuddle and pet
- Operating on snow and or ice
What do I need to bring
Warm clothing for winter (not too warm since you are an active musher) and good shoes are required!