Husky - Adventure & Lake Myvatn - Winter
Dog sledding and a superjeep tour to Mývatn in one ! You will love it.
Duration:: 9 Hours
Book online and get instant reservation confirmation
The Mývatn area is in winter of bizarre beauty: the Lavatowers of Dimmuborgir rise from the snow, in the background you see the black ash crater Hverfall and the hot water vapors in the geothermal areas rise in great columns in the sky. We will spot all the main sights in Mývatn (Pseudocraters, Dimmuborgir (the Dark Castles), Hverir (geothermal hot area with bubbling mud pools), the continental divide as well as Godafoss (waterfall of the God) on the way to Mývatn
Another highlight will be of course your Husky-tour: we attach the huskies to the sledge wherever snow conditions are best - an experience in pristine nature!
We culminate this winter fairy tale experience in the amazing water of the Nature Baths where we warm up and relax.
- We are offering you a personal experience with our huskies.
- We take 2 sledges per turn, so 2 guests can be steering a sledge at the same time.
- You are assisted by an experienced musher who is with you. If it is a group of 4, then meanwhile the 2 other guests take pictures for the other guests and have a walk or a drive on the landrover to their departure point.
- The dogsledding tour is semi-private (max of 6pax) and the tour on the superjeep to Myvatn is private, just for your group.
- By booking you agree that due to weather/snow conditions the tour might be rescheduled to another time during the same day and/or the location of dogsledding may be relocated to another place along the way in order to have the best possible dog sledding experience. This rescheduling/relocation is no reason for cancellation/refund.
- In case of abnormal weather (warm spells and lack of snow) we reserve the right to change to dogscootering. (scooter pulled by 1 to 2 huskies) In the rare case the tour can not take place at all due to outer circumstances we refund the full amount minus 25€ administration fee. Under no other circumstance refund is granted.
- Participants must be adults (10 years or older), there will be one adult per sledge, but one child until 6 years can be sitting on the same sledge as their parent.
- The tour is adjusted according weather and snow conditions in order to have the optimal experience.
- Dog sledding 4 to 8 km tour incl. photshooting and petting time is 1h
- Dog sledge tour on your own sledge
- Experienced guide
- Experienced musher
- Photoshooting & petting time
- Pick-up at accommodation in Akureyri
- Mývatn Nature Baths entrance fee
What do I need to bring
- Warm clothing (not too warm since you are an active musher) and good shoes are required!