The Eyjafjörður and the surroundings of Akureyri are stunning in the winter and ideal for snowshoeing. An experience that you will never forget
Duration: 3 Hours
Book online and get instant reservation confirmation
the snow is deep and the fjord is white, we put on our snowshoes to
explore the natural surroundings of Akureyri. We just love the crunch of our footsteps in fresh snow. The snowshoes allow us to go outdoors
without sinking too deep into the white powder and they give grip on
patches of icy snow. There is a snowshoe hike for every type
of weather and every kind of snow. Just make sure you are dressed
for the cold and
up for adventure, but realise it is more strenuous than just walking. Snowshoeing doesn't require any skills. If you like
hiking, you will love snowshoeing.
- If weather conditions are too harsh, we reserves the right to cancel a tour.
- Quality snowshoes and poles.
- Driver Guide (English, French, Spanish, Dutch) and Transportation.
- Hot drink.
What do I need to bring
- Dress warm enough. Weather conditions can change. For safety reasons our guide can refuse customers who are 'underdressed'.
- Waterproof and/or windproof jacket (also waterproof pants are recommandable as you often sink in snow)
- Hiking boots or solid waterproof shoes
- Fleece or wool sweater, or both
- Thermal underwear makes winter very comfortable
- Winter outdoor pants. (Jeans is a bad idea. It's not warm, gets wet very easy and takes long to dry. Unless you got extra waterproof pants to cover them of course.)
- Warm hat, scarf and gloves
- Sunglasses and sun protection. Let's be optimistic.
- Snack and water bottle
- Small backpack can be good to put your extras in (camera, snack, water, sweater).