Inspiration Iceland is a registered travel agency and tour operator which is registered in Knarrarbergi, 601 Akureyri, Iceland.
Before making a reservation at Inspiration Iceland we encourage you to read these Terms and Conditions carefully, as they constitute a contractual agreement between Inspiration Iceland and you from the time the booking is made. The person who makes the booking accepts these conditions on behalf of all the people in the group and is responsible for all payments due.
By making a booking (via email, phone or letter) you confirm to us that you comply with these arrangements.
Once you have made your booking and provided your personal details (for instance through www.inspiration-iceland.com), you will receive a confirmation and pro-forma invoice of your booking via e-mail. Please note that all bookings require an initial payment of 600 € for packages and full payment for daytours at the time of the booking. If the total price of a package is less than 1000 EUR or booking occurs less than 60 days before your arrival date full payment is required. However, the full amount has to be paid for international flights, national flights and flight packages (ie Greenland packages) upon booking.
Payment is generally done by a bank transfer. Daytours can be paid with mastercard or visa.
Most bookings are confirmed instantly; however, packages that include overnight accommodation and car rental may take a bit longer. One of our team will contact you within two business days (48 hours) to reconfirm the booking.
The travel documents will be delivered to you once the full payment has been received. You will receive your travel documents: e-tickets, vouchers and itinerary via email.
Please print these documents, as you will need to show them for all services during your visit to Iceland.
If by any chance our travel consultant is unable to obtain confirmation (if car rental/ or accommodation is not available) an alternative will be offered. If you do not accept the alternative or Inspiration Iceland is not able to offer you an alternative, you are entitled to cancel with a full refund of the deposit.
To make a booking with Inspiration Iceland you must be aged 18 years and over. By making a booking, you confirm that you comply with these arrangements.
For all Air Iceland packages or Inspiration Iceland packages please notice that compensation will not be payable to passengers if Air Iceland/ Inspiration Iceland is forced to cancel or in any way change passengers booking schedule due to 'force major' (which in this context is defined as government action or restraint, threat of war, riot, civil strike, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions or any other event beyond Air Iceland's control).
Inspiration Iceland recommends its customers to buy a travel insurance policy in their home country.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
Please note that all bookings require a payment of 600 EUR deposit for packages and full payment for daytours at the time of the booking. If the total price is less than 1000 EUR or booking occurs less than 60 days before your arrival date full payment is required. You will be informed by e-mail or receive a reminder, when you need to pay the balance of your booking which is 60 days before your departure date. All flights and flight packages have to be paid fully upon booking.
Payment is generally done by a bank transfer, daytours can be paid with mastercard or visa.
All Prices quoted on Inspiration Iceland are in Euros (€) and per person, unless otherwise specified. All payments and refunds are due in Euros. Inspiration Iceland is not responsible for any changes in currency exchange rates that might occur from the time of booking until a refund is made.
VALIDITY OF PRICES
All rates quoted or shown in our tariffs are based on current prices. All prices mentioned on this site include value-added tax (VAT). Inspiration Iceland reserves the right to alter or change published prices on the website without notice in the event of currency fluctuation, government taxes, or any such cost increases that are outside Inspiration Iceland's control.
Inspiration Iceland reserves the right to alter routes, itineraries or departure times without prior notice should this be necessary due to weather or other reasons that are beyond Inspiration Iceland's control. Please note that in the case of changes to flights, the passenger is responsible for any additional costs that become payable as a result of such changes.
Prices are guaranteed against any surcharge after an invoice has been issued, unless the increase is due to government laws or currency changes towards ISK and amounts to 5% of the package price or more. Any amount that exceeds 5% of the total will be charged and clients will be entitled to cancel their booking with a full refund if the surcharge exceeds 10%.
Any increase due to changes in government laws, i.e. tax changes will be added to the invoice.
If a day, package or group tour is cancelled due to circumstances outside our control or because minimum numbers are not reached, we will issue a refund. Inspiration Iceland shall then have no further liability towards you.
Applied cancellation fees differ between packages (including accommodation and/or car rental) and day tours.
Cancellation of packages
- For cancellations received up to 60 calendar days before the scheduled departure, a 30% (of package price) cancellation fee will be charged.
- For cancellations received 30 -59 calendar days before the scheduled departure date a 50% (of package price) cancellation fee will be charged.
- For cancellations received 29 -14 calendar days before the scheduled departure date an 75% (of package price) cancellation fee will be charged.
- For cancellations received within 14 calendar days before the scheduled departure date a 100% (of package price) cancellation fee will be charged.
If packages include flights, the full flight price has to be paid additionally.
Cancellation of daytours
- For cancellations received at least 21 calendar days before the scheduled departure there is no cancellation fee except for a nominal admin fee of 3.000 ISK per person.
- For cancellations received 14 to 21 calendar days before the scheduled departure a 50% cancellation fee will be charged.
- For cancellations received within 14 calendar days before the scheduled departure a 100% cancellation fee will be charged.
If you need to make a change to your holiday arrangements you must send us a notification via email at least 4 weeks before departure. For changes we charge up to 6.000 ISK per person.
Some of our suppliers may charge fees for changes; if this occurs, the extra fee will be added to your total.
Please note that changes cannot be guaranteed within 3 weeks before departure.
Cancellation of accomodation
- For cancellations received at least 14 calendar days before the scheduled arrival there is no cancellation fee except for a nominal admin fee of 3.000 ISK per booking.
- For cancellations received within 14 calendar days before the scheduled arrival a 100% cancellation fee will be charged.
If you need to make a change to your holiday arrangements you must send us a notification via email. Changes (if available) received at least 14 calender days before arrival are free of charge, changes received within 14 days we charge 3.000 ISK per booking.
Please note that changes for your stay are depending on availability of our apartments and cannot be guaranteed.
Cancellation of daytours due to bad weather or force majeure
- In case of bad weather/snow conditions Inspiration Iceland will rearrange the tour in the afternoon/evening on the same day. And evening tours maybe need to be rescheduled on the next morning.
- If, in the rare case we have to cancel the tour all together a administration fee of 3.000 ISK per person applies.
- There will be no refund if the customer won´t be on the tour due to force majeure.